PUBLIC PROPERTY

Monday, July 11, 2016

The Haunting Memories


The jungle path was still not dark and I just hoped the deer does not show up suddenly while I was going way back home from an exhausting jog. I would need to just climb up that mud heap and then be on the main road and 3 mins of walk I would  be home. I fastened my steps looked around for any traces of deer. After all this is U.S, people wouldn’t throw any food chunks in here and there so it wouldnt find any food here I thought to myself and felt safe.
Suddenly out of no where I heard him shout at me. How many times will you ask, he shouted.

But you did not answer me even once I said sadly. I feel like throwing this plate on your head and hitting you hard with it. One more time you ask me that question I am going to do that I swear. And then he started gazing at the Television as if it was his creation which needed a gaze without a blink. I gazed at it too, wondering what was in it that attracted so many people to it.I kept gazing and went inside my room never  to ask him again this question: How is the food?

 





Before I could hear myself cry in my mind, I started jogging again, I ran gazing at the the  heap of mud that lay before me. I ran until I was on the main road, I ran gazing in the air and thinking nothing, I ran as if I was running from all those memories which were haunting me now and then. I had asked him to never let me go and here I was running far away from everything that meant nothing. I ran and never looked behind and then  I ran and ran and ran into happiness all of a sudden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home