PUBLIC PROPERTY

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The Toy Story


I want to see you happy! Tell me how is it possible she asked. I pressed the bugs bunny close to my bosom and thought about it for a minute. Then I answered her ‘I don’t know, I need to think’.
For a friend she was, she did her part and left things to me. I gave it a thought after I hung up the phone. There were days when I used to sleep in that corner of the bed grabbing the pillow thinking that the morning to come will bring shine to my dull boring life. I waited for that morning every morning.

As I came of age, 10 years down the line, sleeping in that corner of the bed in darkness with the person I thought was mine, I still thought the same, that the morning to come will bring shine and peace to my boring struggling life. All through this the only one who absorbed all my tears, who listened to my silence, who heard happiness, my sadness through my heart beat, who calmed me down and wiped my nose, who took my beating and who was always there when I needed, who listened to the silence in the room along with me and stared at the ceiling in the night  was ‘The Pillow’.



I now knew why people give importance to soft toys and take care of them like they were alive. There was a point when I borrowed my neice piglet and used to pat it like I was making a baby sleep. I now know what the protagonist of Cast away might have felt in the movie when he loses the only company he has with him “The Ball”. The only ones who will always be there when you need them. However big , small cute or ugly they are. You can always get a hold of them and keep it with you always.


The day I do not have to grab a pillow and sleep or pat a toy to make myself sleep, that day I will be happy .


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice one Nicki.
We feel happy and comfortable, soothed around toys cause they just listen to us they don't reciprocate when we are sad, sometimes we need someone in life who does that for us, it might be your partner, a soul mate like a friend whom you known for years or even your parents, but we have to be ready to share that as we do with our soft toys. A wise man once said, happiness has to be pursued.
Hope the gleam of
pursuit of your happiness one day will radiant enough that you may no more need toys and realize you are the happiness.

8:22 AM  
Blogger nikki said...

:) Very well said my friend, waiting for that day desperately ! Thanks for visting the page

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home